Cannabis Account Set-Up Home Page
Welcome to the account set-up page. Cultivators who are registering and dispensaries who will be licensed should read the information on this page to set up their accounts and gain access to all the application forms.
Registration for Cultivators
The registration process is open from Monday August 8, 2016 at 8:00 am until midnight on Sunday, November 6, 2016. The revised registration process is simpler, cheaper and allow for an anonymous registration in order to protect your personal information and cultivation location. This registration process is voluntary, however, the proposed draft ordinance specifies that only registered cannabis cultivation sites will be eligible to apply for a local license when they become available. A local license will be required to apply for a State license. You must have been 1) cultivating cannabis in Santa Cruz County since January 2013; or 2) have been engaged in commercial farming or agricultural production unrelated to cannabis production for over 3 years in the CA zone district to be eligible for a local license per the proposed draft cultivation ordinance.
The goal of the Cannabis Registration process is to accomplish the following:
- Establish data regarding past, current and planned cannabis cultivation in the unincorporated area of Santa Cruz County.
- Meet the needs of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) review process.
- Establish a pool of registrants that will be authorized to submit an application for the commercial cultivation of cannabis in the unincorporated area of Santa Cruz County once the County adopts a final local cultivation ordinance consistent with the State Medical Cannabis Regulation and Safety Act (MCRSA).
To begin the registration process, set up your registration account here
- For those of you who intend to register separate sites which are not abutting one another, you will need to set up an account for each site. You will also need to supply a unique user name, email, password and payment for each account / site that you are registering.
- If your parcels abut, they are considered one site and may be registered as such.
Once your account has been set-up with your user name and password download the Cannabis Cultivation Registration Form (REV.1) form and fill it out. There is an option on this form to register anonymously by opting out of providing certain information. You can only register one way or the other. You cannot be anonymous on some areas of the form and provide us with identifying information in other areas. If you are registering for multiple owners or a business entity you must also submit the Cannabis Cultivation Registration Applicant Certification Form (REVISED)
Completed forms can be uploaded to your account by logging in with your user name and password. Your registration is complete once all forms have been received and your $500 payment has been received.
Licensing for Dispensaries
The licensing process will open for all Phase 1 dispensaries identified in County Code 7.130 on September 1, 2016 . We ask that dispensaries complete and return their licensing application packet within 60 days. A local license will be necessary to apply for a State license.
The licensing applications forms are available by first setting up your registration account here (insert link to account set up page). Once your account has been set-up with your user name and password you can download the forms for you to complete and sign. Completed forms can be uploaded to your account by logging in with your user name and password. You are registering as an applicant for a specific site. You may upload multiple forms to your account. Once all forms have been received and reviewed, if all requirements have been met, a license will be issued. You must display your license at your dispensary location.